1000 - Todd Rundgren 'Todd' (1974)

My Rating: 2.06 out of 5
1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die: X
Rolling Stone 500 Greatest Albums: X
The Mojo Collection: X

Chart Peak (UK/US): --/54

Favourite Tracks: I Think You Know, An Elpee's Worth Of Tunes
Least-Favourite Track: In & Out The Chakras We Go

I do have a few Todd Rundgren records, though I'd never heard this album before. I enjoyed the first half more than the second, partly because the songs were stronger & partly because it wore me out as it went on. (Probably didn't help that I had a hangover either). The songs are quite inventive & diverse but it did lapse into self-indulgence at times. It's one of those flabby old double albums that could have been slimmed down into a super-fit single LP because the good bits are as good as anything that I've heard Rundgren do. I liked the sound of the album, with its seventies synths & overdriven guitars - it reminded me a lot of The Tubes Remote Control LP, but then that's hardly surprising as Rundgren produced that too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment